The representatives of national and regional authorities of Hungary, Slovakia, Romania and Ukraine, members of the Joint Monitoring Committee (JMC) of the Programme, selected for financing at the 2nd JMC meeting in Košice, Slovakia on 24-25 April, 2018, five large infrastructure projects submitted within the 1st Call for Proposals with the total EU allocation of EUR 22 million.
The recently entered into force decision endorsed the financing of the following projects, selected by the JMC based on the scores given by the quality assessors:
- The project with the title “Modernization of the Road Connection between the Prešov Region and the Transcarpathian Region of Ukraine” (Project acronym: PREZAK, Project ID: HUSKROUA/1701/LIP/001) will be implemented during 24 months by the Roads Administration of Prešov Self-Governing Region in Slovakia in partnership with the Road Administration in Transcarpathian Region in Ukraine.
- The project with the title “Strengthening of Cross-border Safety by Joint Measures aimed at Flood and Inland Water Prevention in the Interfluves of Tisza-Tur Rivers” (Project acronym: SAFETISZA, Project ID: HUSKROUA/1701/LIP/003) will be implemented during 30 months by the Tisza River Basin Water Resources Directorate in Ukraine in partnership with the Upper Tisza Regional Water Directorate in Hungary, as well as the Vynohradiv Interrayon Department of Water Management in Ukraine, Vynohradiv Rayon State Administration in Ukraine and Ukrainian public organisation “Ekosfera”.
- The project with the title “Zero Waste: Theory for Everybody, Practice for Everyone in the Cross-Border Region” (Project acronym: ZEROWASTE, Project ID: HUSKROUA/1701/LIP/006) will be implemented during 36 months by the Tisza European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation in Hungary in partnership with the Agency of Regional Development and Cross-Border Cooperation “Transcarpathia” in Ukraine, as well as the Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg County Solid Waste Management Association in Hungary, Executive Committee of the Khust Town Council in Ukraine and Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg County Regional Development and Environmental Management Agency in Hungary.
- The project with the title “Cross-border Information Sharing - Development of Joint Local Media Content and Related Media Network” (Project acronym: CBCONTENTFIRST, Project ID: HUSKROUA/1701/LIP/008) will be implemented during 24 months by the "KÖLCSEY" Television Program Service in Hungary in partnership with the Zakarpattia Regional Branch of National Public Broadcasting Company in Ukraine and For The Future Foundation in Slovakia.
- The project with the title “Roads to Healthy Forests: Resilient, Adaptive, Diverse and Sustainable Forests in Cross-border Region of Ukraine and Slovakia” (Project acronym: ROADSTOHEALTHYFORESTS, Project ID: HUSKROUA/1701/LIP/009) will be implemented during 36 month by the Uzhhorod Forest Enterprise in Ukraine in partnership with the State Forest of Tatra National Park in Slovakia, as well as the Vygoda Forestry in Ukraine, Spišská Belá Forest in Slovakia, Forests of the City of Kezmarok in Slovakia and the Agency for sustainable development of the Carpathian region “FORZA” in Ukraine.
Following the closure of the 1st Call for Proposals on 15 November 2017, nine project applications were submitted in the strategic open call for large infrastructure projects. The other four project applications not selected by the JMC will be included into a reserve list.